ESP32-DevKitC-32E is a WiFi/Bluetooth Development module board available from the Espressif. This module uses ESP32-WROOM-32E based esp32 module that is having integrated PCB antenna. It also has the microUSB connector for power, uart, programming related usage. ESP32 Devkit is an excellent microcontroller based development module that uses a berg header for easy and hassle free breadboard integration. An internal 3.3V regulator is also available to power the entire board and could provide 1A of output via its pin.
This board uses FTDI CH340 IC for communicating between ESP32 and the USB to UART Protocol.
Feature of ESP32-DevKitC-32E – 4MB
- Micro USB Port for interfacing.
- 38-Berg pin header with 2.54″ pitch for easy integration with breadboard.
- ESP32-WROOVER footprint available, so it can be interchanged via soldering.
- Boot and Reset Button available
- On board antenna
- 1A 3.3V inbuilt regulator
- Both 5V and 3.3V output pins for peripheral integration
- FTDI CH340 IC for faster communication as a USB to UART bridge and vice-versa.
- All Certifications are included.
- Proper decoupling and Tantalum capacitor to ensure no bounce during the boot download in ESP32.
Pinout Information of ESP32-DevKitC-32E – 4MB
Dimension Information of ESP32-DevKitC-32E
Components Information of ESP32-DevKitC-32E
Manufacture Part Number – ESP32-DevkitC-32E
Package – 38-Berg Header
Pinout issues of ESP32
Tips from Expert for advanced users of ESP32-WROOM-32E (ESP32-DevkitC)
- ADC2 is used by the WiFi driver. Avoid using ADC2 if your application demands WiFi Communication.
- Careful about the Strapping pin. Refer datasheet carefully, it may end up a not working PCB board or application.
- IO3 remains High during boot. Take precautions. Carefully consider the ESP32 Pinout.
- IO14 and IO15 outputs PWM signal at boot. Take precautions.
- IO34, 35, 36, 39 is input only. Do not use it for output operations.
- 1x ESP32-DevkitC-32E – Module
Also known as