ESP32-C3-DevkitM-1 development board
ESP32-C3-DevkitM-1 is a WiFi/Bluetooth Development module board available from the Espressif. This module uses ESP32-C3-MINI-N4 which is having an integrated PCB antenna. It is also having the microUSB connector for power, uart, programming related usage.
ESP32 C3 DevkitM is an excellent microcontroller based development module that uses berg header for easy and hassle free breadboard integration. An internal 3.3V regulator is also available to power the entire board and could provide 1A of output via it’s pin.
This board uses FTDI CH340 IC for communicating between ESP32 and the USB to UART Protocol.
The Major difference of C3 and Wroom-32E is the size, pin count, architecture and obviously in power consumption. To give a short description, ESP32 C3 is very smaller in size and current consumption is much lower than the ESP32-WROOM-32E. It offers 350mA maximum current in full WiFi operations, offers 1 uA of current on Power Off state, 5uA for the Deep-Sleep and 130uA at Light Sleep Operations.
Please Note: This board is also known as esp32-devkitmini-c3.
Feature of ESP32-C3-DevKitM-1 (Esp32-Devkitmini-c3)
- Superior Low current consumption
- 4MB Flash
- Integrated WiFi/Bluetooth Antenna
- Inbuilt RGB LED
- Smaller in Size
- 1A 3.3V inbuilt regulator
- Both 5V and 3.3V output pins for peripheral integration
- FTDI CH340 IC for faster communication as a USB to UART bridge and vice-versa.
- All Certifications are included.
- Proper decoupling and Tantalum capacitor to ensure no bounce during the boot download in ESP32.
Pinout Information of ESP32 C3 devkit
Components Information of ESP32-C3-DevKitM-1 (Esp32-Devkitmini-c3)
Manufacture Part Number – ESP32-C3-DevkitM-1
Design Resources –
- 1x ESP32-C3-DevkitM-1 – Module