Ultra Low Power Smoke Sensor IC RE46C194
RE46C194 is an Ultra Low Power Smoke sensor IC that can be powered from a small battery such as 3V Lithium or Two AA batteries. It is a game changer for the traditional smoke sensor using heaters inside the modules such as MQ sensors that is very poor in terms of power consumption.
It is having excellent response time and can be used for smoke sensing IoT applications that uses small batteries. This IC opens a lot of possibilities in ultra low power smoke sensing applications.
It is also having cascading possibilities for large applications where a single node could activate other alarms in the zone.
Features of RE46C194 –
- 2-5V operating voltage (can be used for any 3.3V or 5V operations)
- 2uA standby current only. 500uA only while working.
- 16 Lead SOIC package
- Horn output as well as MCU interrupt output
- 9 minutes timer for Hush Operations
- Low Battery Test
- 6-Bit ADC
- Local Alarm Memory
- Can be cascaded if used for large applications where mesh network of the smoke alarm.
- Auto Alarm Locate Features.
Application Schematic –
Design Resources of RE46C194 –
Product attributes of RE46C194 –
MFR : Microchip
MFR-PN : RE46C194
Package : SOP-16
Package contains of BNO085 –